21 Reasons To See A Gynecologist Before You Turn 21
Learn about healthy lifestyle choices and feel good about yourself.
Discuss good habits for healthy bones.
Learn if you have a urinary tract infection and the treatment options.
Get treatment for vaginal itching, discharge, or odor.
5. Learn if your periods are normal.
6. Get relief if your periods are painful.
7. Find out why your periods are too heavy.
8. Know about the timing of your periods and why bleeding occurs in between.
9. Learn to deal with premenstrual sydrome (PMS)
SEXUALITY & RELATIONSHIPS
10. Maintain healthy relationships with a boyfriend or girlfriend.
11. Learn about healthy consensual relationships.
12. Talk about lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) topics.
13. Learn about safe sex.
14. Understand how your reproductive system works.
15. Get birth control so you can better plan.
16. Discuss the ideal time to start a family.
17. Get tested for pregnancy.
18. Weigh your options if you become pregnant.
SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED INFECTIONS
19. Learn how to protect and lower your risk from sexually transmitted infections and HIV.
20, Get tested for STIs and HIV if you are sexually active.
21. Get the human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccine.
Although most young women don't need to have a pap test until they are 21 years old, there are at least 21 reasons to see a gynecologist before then. Learn more at acog.org/ayaguide .